RMA and Repair Policies
- In-Warranty Depot Repair services are offered exclusively through IRIS ID.
- An RMA number must be acquired from IRIS ID Tech Support prior to returning a faulty unit. Units delivered to IRIS ID without an RMA number may be refused.
- If a product is covered under an existing extended warranty, said warranty type must be declared at the time of RMA request.
- In-Warranty units are placed in a queue based on the order in which the units are received at the IRIS ID repair facility. Unit evaluation typically is performed within 10 business days after receiving the unit at the IRIS ID repair facility.
- Expedited evaluation and repair service is available.
- IRIS ID product(s) will be repaired or replaced at the sole discretion of IRIS ID.
- Replacement of product may be declared in the event that the item or product meets the following criteria: 1) Proves to be defective in material or workmanship. 2) Appears to have been maintained under normal use and wear. 3) Is provided as an authorized RMA from IRIS ID during the warranty period effective from the original date of purchase.
- The customer is responsible for shipping the defective product to IRIS ID.
- IRIS ID will pay standard shipping back to the customer or partner for repaired or replacement unit(s).
- Expedited or non-standard shipping services, if requested by customer or partner, must be paid by the customer or partner.
- In-Warranty repairs will be free of charge except for in the following scenarios:
- The returned unit(s) shows evidence of abnormal abuse, product misuse, incorrect installation, or any other condition to suggest that the product was not installed, maintained or used within the product’s specification requirements.
- The returned unit is missing parts / components, or shows signs of unauthorized disassembly, or attempted repairs.
- The returned unit is determined to have “No Trouble Found” by the evaluation performed at the IRIS ID repair facility; in addition to evidence that the troubleshooting advice by IRIS ID was not applied or attempted by the customer or partner before returning the unit(s) to IRIS ID.
D.O.A. (Dead on Arrival) Policy
- A unit can be considered as D.O.A. only within the first 60 days after shipment from IRIS ID.
- D.O.A. status must be verified with IRIS ID Technical Support based on the unit serial number.
- Shipping related issues that may directly contribute to D.O.A units must be handled directly with the shipping courier. Such damaged in shipment issues do not pertain to said D.O.A policy.
- Product that initially functioned out of the box but became inoperable within the first 60 days of product shipment receipt may not be covered under a D.O.A. policy. It is the sole discretion of IRIS ID to determine if said unit(s) was defective or misused /improperly installed.
- No Advanced Replacement unit fee will be charged for D.O.A. unit exchange; however the advanced replacement unit must be secured by credit card or Company PO.
- IRIS ID pays for shipping both ways.
- Credit card or PO (whichever is applicable) will be charged if defective unit is not shipped back to IRIS ID within 15 days.
- Out-of-Warranty Repair services offered by IRIS ID are fee based.
- An RMA number must be acquired from IRIS ID Technical Support prior to shipping back a faulty unit. Units delivered to IRIS ID without an RMA number may be refused.
- Out-of-Warranty units are placed in a queue based on the order in which the units are received at the IRIS ID repair facility. Unit evaluation typically is performed within 10 business days after receiving the unit at the IRIS ID repair facility.
- Expedited evaluation and repair service is available.
- An $80.00 (US) fee will be charged per unit for evaluation (including “No Trouble Found” units).
- In addition to the per unit evaluation fee, all cost for labor and parts will be charged for the required repairs to the faulty unit.
- Labor cost is $80.00 (US) per hour, rounded to nearest ½ hour (minimum one hour).
- The customer / partner will be contacted with an estimate of repair costs after the faulty unit has been evaluated.
- Repairs will not be initiated until the customer accepts the estimate and provides a form payment or a partner company P.O.
- Best effort will be made to repair unit(s) for the customer within 5 business days from the receipt of payment authorization/ approval. The customer may be notified of any delays.
- A repaired unit will not be shipped until a company purchase order or credit card authorization for payment is received.
- Return shipping costs must be arranged / paid by the customer or partner prior to shipment.
- Payment of shipping cost can be prepaid along with the unit evaluation and repair costs.
- The customer or partners shipping account number can be provided to Iris ID.
- The customer or partner can arranged for the unit to be pick-up at the IRIS ID repair facility. (customer or partner pays courier)
Expedited Evaluation and Repair Service
- In-Warranty and Out-of-Warranty repairs are placed in a queue based on the order in which the units are received at the IRIS ID repairfacility. Unit evaluation typically is performed within 10 business days after receiving the unit at the IRIS ID repair facility.
- Expedite Service is available to place the unit at the top of the standard RMA queue for evaluation for an additional fee of $80.00 (US) per unit.
- After the repair estimate is agreed upon and payment for the repair is received from the customer or partner, the unit will be placed at the top of the standard RMA repair queue.
- This service must be arranged at the time in which the RMA is requested from IRIS ID.
- This service does not include expedited shipping costs.
Advanced Replacement Unit Program
- All partners and customers are encouraged to have spare units on-site for immediate replacement. Spare units can be purchased through the regular IRIS ID sales channel.
- For situations that require a replacement unit be available when no spare was purchased or available, IRIS ID offers an Advanced Replacement (Exchange) Unit Program.
- Advance Replacement units are available for a fee of $120.00 (US) per unit; also the cost of the advanced replacement unit must be secured by credit card or Company PO.
- The replacement unit provided is based on the available advanced replacement unit inventory, and is performed at the full discretion of IRIS ID.
- The replacement unit will be exchanged for the faulty unit, and the replacement unit is to remain with the customer or partner. The faulty unit will not be returned even after the unit is repaired, although for advanced replacement of out-of-warranty units, all repair parts and labor cost to repair the faulty unit will be billed to the partner/customer.
- If the customer fails to ship the faulty unit back to IRIS ID within 15 business days the credit card (used to secure the advanced replacement) will be charged for the cost of the unit. A tracking ID should be supplied to IRIS ID at the time of shipment.
- Outbound shipping is prepaid by IRIS ID for any IRIS ID initiated activity – both for advance spares and return of in warranty repairs.
- Outbound freight is chargeable for advance spares which are deemed to be out of warranty. The Customer is responsible for inbound freight.
- Requests for advance spare replacement(s) must be submitted to IRIS ID technical support before 2:00 PM EST to insure same day shipment.
- IRIS ID cannot be held responsible for freight shipping delays or errors caused by the courier used to ship a product.